The oratory, located in the hearth of Bominaco, a district of Caporciano, is part of the monastic complex built near the church of Santa Maria Assunta. Thanks to an inscription on a wall, we know that the construction was commissioned by the abbot Teodino in 1263.
Charle Magne supplied some land and donated it to the Farfa Abbey, left by the monk to establish a monastic community. In 1001, thanks to the donations of more lands by count Oderiso, the community became independent from Farfa.
The church of Santa Maria Assunta and the oratory of San Pellegrino once belonged to a monastery bulti at the beginning of the Christian era. During the 4th century, San Pellegrino was buried here after his martyr. The first church was built around the 8th century, and it was later gifted to the abbey of Farfa, only to become independent again in 1001.
We are not sure about the church of Santa Maria Assunta dating, but we know it was before the year 1180 inscribed on the pulpit and the 1223 inscribed on the altar. The church presents a Romanic style, even if inside we can also fine some Baroque elements. The structure is similar to that of the abbey of San Liberatore alla Maiella, with three naves and three apsides. At the end of the right nave we find the bell tower.